- botanical name: leptospermum scoparium
- country of origin: new zealand
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: leaves
- strength of aroma: medium
- aromatic scent: sweet, calming, herbaceous aroma
- blends well with: basil linalool, bergamot, chamomile roman, clary sage, cypress, eucalyptus, geranium bourbon, grapefruit pink, lavender, lemon, marjoram, patchouli, peppermint (western us), petitgrain, rosemary 1,8-cineole, sage dalmatian, sandalwood australian, tea tree, and thyme linalool
- kidsafe®: yes
- cautions: none known
- size: 10 ml (1/3 oz.)
manuka oil has been treasured for centuries by the maori people, who are indigenous to new zealand, where the low shrub originates. although the plant is sometimes called a "tea tree," manuka oil differs in composition, source, and origin from the well-known tea tree oil. like tea tree oil, however, manuka oil has many wonderful uses on the skin, including calming red, inflamed areas and soothing irritation caused by nature's pests.
manuka oil can also help restore dry scalp and nails to vibrancy. for those who struggle with reactions to irritants in the atmosphere, manuka oil can help to neutralize these effects. it also provides relief for discomfort caused by seasonal illness. for the mind, manuka oil's sweet, herbaceous aroma is calming, particularly during times of extra worry.
directions: use manuka oil in salves, balms, and ointments designed to sooth red, swollen skin. to deodorize, relax and cleanse feet, add a few drops of manuka oil to an epsom salt foot bath. you can also add manuka oil to body wash or bath oil blends, and you can add it to shampoo to help combat dry itchy scalp. diffuse manuka oil to help restore emotional balance.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.