- botanical name: rosmarinus officinalis
- country of origin: tunisia
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: aerial parts
- strength of aroma: strong
- aromatic scent: powerful, fresh, & woody-herbaceous
- blends well with: citronella, clove bud, eucalyptus globulus, fir needle, grapefruit pink, laurel leaf, lavender, lemon, lime, marjoram sweet, may chang, black pepper, peppermint western us, petitgrain, pine scots, tea tree
- kidsafe®: no
- cautions: do not apply to or near the face of infants or children. we recommend a maximum dilution of 4% for topical applications
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
rosemary 1,8-cineole is stimulating, warming and refreshing and can be used to help boost memory retention and staying alert. it has many skin care applications, including adding to a shampoo to aid in maintaining a healthy scalp and lustrous hair.
when diffused, rosemary can also be helpful as a respiratory support oil. rosemary 1,8-cineole is also beneficial in massage blends, increasing circulation and warmth to the skin and underlying muscles.
directions: to help with occasional digestive upset, add rosemary 1,8-cineole to your favorite carrier oil and rub in a clockwise fashion over the abdomen. before a big test in school (for teens and adult students) make an inhaler with equal part rosemary 1,8-cineole and lemon. sniff the inhaler frequently while studying; then just before the test, sniff again several times. when combined with black pepper, rosemary 1,8-cineole can also increase skin circulation which can be useful in warming massage blends.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.