eucalyptus globulus essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: eucalyptus globulus
- country of origin: china
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: leaves
- strength of aroma: strong
- aromatic scent: a very herbaceous scent with soft woody undertones
- blends well with: basil linalool, cajeput, cedarwood atlantica, citronella, frankincense serrata, ginger root co2, lavender, lemon, spearmint, and tea tree
- kidsafe®: no
- cautions: do not apply to, or near, the face of infants or young children.
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
eucalyptus globulus is one of the world’s most familiar essential oils and is widely known to help with respiratory problems. eucalyptus globulus is also effective as a support to aching muscles and joints from occasional overuse such a strenuous gym workout or with normal joint changes associated with the aging process.
eucalyptus can stimulate healthy circulation, bringing a feeling of warmth to the body. it can also be effective in stimulating mental focus.
directions: diffuse eucalyptus globulus and frankincense into the air to help support clear breathing. adding a couple of drops of eucalyptus to an inhaler blend of rosemary 1,8 cineole, and lemon essential oils can help as an afternoon “pick-me-up." for topical application dilute to 2-4%.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.