- botanical name: citrus bergamia
- country of origin: italy, france
- extraction method: cold pressed
- plant part: fruit peel
- strength of aroma: medium
- aromatic scent: citrusy and fruity with a warm spicy floral quality
- blends well with: clary sage, cypress, frankincense carteri, geranium egyptian, grapefruit pink, jasmine absolute, mandarin, nutmeg, orange sweet, patchouli, black pepper, rosemary 1,8-cineole, sandalwood australian, vetiver, and ylang-ylang complete
- kidsafe®: yes
- cautions: none known
- size: 10 ml (1/3 oz.)
bergamot essential oil is a favorite amongst essential oil users for its citrusy, uniquely vibrant scent with a touch of floral, and for its many therapeutic properties. the lovely aroma of bergamot essential oil is known to support mental health and clarity by providing a boost to the mind. it can also help ease feelings of anxiety, especially during times of sadness and grief.
bergamot essential oil is gentle for diy skincare and helps support skin health for acne-prone or oily skin. this essential oil can also be added to massage blends to help reduce muscle tension and give relief from tightness caused by a hard workout.
directions: in your favorite aromatherapy diffuser, personal inhaler, or diffuser locket, combine equal parts of bergamot, patchouli, and grapefruit pink for an aroma that is amazing and relaxing. add 2 drops of bergamot with 2 teaspoons of your favorite plant therapy carrier oil to create a massaging blend; apply topically to the muscle area that are tight and tender. for topical application dilute to 1% for the face and 2-5% for body.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.