clary sage essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: salvia sclarea
- country of origin: france
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: leaves / stem / flowers
- strength of aroma: medium
- aromatic scent: earthy, fruity and floral aroma that is both nutty and herbaceous
- blends well with: bergamot, cedarwood virginian, chamomile german, chamomile roman, geranium egyptian, jasmine absolute, lavender, neroli, orange sweet, sandalwood australian, and ylang ylang complete
- kidsafe®: yes
- cautions: none known
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
clary sage is extracted using steam distillation from the leaves and flowering tops of the clary sage plant to create an essential oil that is 100% pure with absolutely no additives or fillers. this favorite amongst oil users is a go-to when it comes to women’s issues. to help relieve the issues brought on by a normal woman's menstrual cycle, clary sage can be used topically with a carrier oil at a 2-4% ratio, or diffused to create a balancing atmosphere. the wonderful aroma of clary sage is very earthy and has hints that are fruity, floral, nutty, and herbaceous. this very soothing aroma is the key blend that helps create an atmosphere that is balancing and calming when emotions are rampant.
directions: for menstrual pain, combine clary sage with geranium, marjoram, and carrot seed. add to your favorite carrier oil and use as a daily moisturizer or diffuse into the air for its mood-enhancing properties. for topical application dilute to 2-4%.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.