patchouli essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: pogostemon cablin
- country of origin: indonesia
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: leaves
- strength of aroma: medium
- aromatic scent: rich, earthy, woody, “wine” scent
- blends well with: bergamot, cedarwood virginian, clove bud, copaiba balsam, cypress, geranium egyptian, lavender, myrrh, neroli, orange sweet, palmarosa, rose absolute, sandalwood australian, and vetiver
- kidsafe®: yes
- cautions: none known
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
patchouli became famous during the 1960s in the united states as a favorite scent of young counter-culture people, but it has been used as a scent in asia for centuries. it is best known for its skin care applications. when added to a carrier oil, it can help with the appearance of skin wrinkles, scars, and skin blemishes and it’s a wonderful addition to a man’s deodorant formula. when diffused, patchouli can help alleviate nervous tension and worry and is a soothing oil to diffuse during meditation.
directions: focus your mind during meditation by diffusing 1 drop of patchouli with 1 drop of sweet basil. patchouli is very useful as part of a blend to combat shoe and foot odor. fill an old tube sock with baking soda; add lemon and patchouli oils to baking soda and tuck sock into the shoe; leave for 12-24 hrs.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.