chamomile roman essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: chamaemelum nobile
- country of origin: china, france, united kingdom, united states
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: flowers
- strength of aroma: strong
- aromatic scent: sweet, “green”, herbaceous apple-like scent
- blends well with: bergamot, chamomile german, clary sage, geranium egyptian, jasmine absolute, lavender, lemon, neroli, patchouli, tea tree, ylang ylang complete
- kidsafe®: yes
- cautions: none known
- size: 5 mL (1/6 oz.)
chamomile roman originated in the united kingdom. steam distilled from the flowers of this small perennial creates a sweet, "green," herbaceous apple-like scent. the powerful, sweet scent is a favorite among essential oil users to help ease children and adults to sleep. this oil is soothing and gentle, making it safe for kids when diluted properly. chamomile roman helps to ease tired muscles after strenuous exercise and aching joints due to aging.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.