- botanical name: lavandula angustifolia
- country of origin: bulgaria
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: flowers
- strength of aroma: strong
- aromatic scent: sweet, dry, herbaceous-floral scent
- blends well with: bergamot, cedarwood virginian, clove bud, clary sage, geranium egyptian, helichrysum italicum, lemon, neroli, patchouli, rose absolute, rosemary 1,8-cineole, sandalwood australian, and vetiver
- kidsafe®: yes
- shelf life: 3 to 4 years
- cautions: none known
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
lavender is perhaps the most well-known of the essential oils and for good reason. lavender essential oil is renowned for its many beneficial properties, including promoting calm, relaxation, and being a nervous tension reliever. it can also be added to a carrier oil to help reduce the appearance of scars and wrinkles and help soothe alterations in skin integrity, such as during sun exposure or a minor cooking burn.
directions: diffuse 30-60 minutes before bedtime to promote calm and relaxation. for topical use, diluted to 2-5% with the carrier of your choice and apply to the skin. lavender blends well with many other essential oils, including bergamot, neroli, patchouli, rose absolute, and sandalwood, making it a wonderful addition to products such as lotions and bath bombs.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.