pine scots essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: pinus sylvestris
- country of origin: austria, hungary
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: leaves
- strength of aroma: strong
- aromatic scent: fresh, sweet-green woody scent
- blends well with: citronella, clary sage, eucalyptus globulus, frankincense serrata, grapefruit pink, laurel leaf, myrrh, oregano, rosemary 1,8-cineole, spruce hemlock
- kidsafe®: yes
- cautions: none known
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
pine scots is particularly known for its ability to help support a healthy respiratory tract. when added to a carrier oil, it is warming and soothing to tired muscles and can help support circulation. it is gentle enough to use in children ages 2-10. added to cleaning products or to potpourri, it brings the fresh scent of the forest into your home.
directions: diffuse pine scots or dilute with carrier oil (3 drops pine scots to a teaspoon of carrier oil) and apply to the chest to ease congested breathing commonly seen in seasonal illness. add 6 drops of pine scots to 2 teaspoons of carrier oil and massage away muscle soreness from overwork.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.