frankincense serrata organic essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: boswellia serrata
- country of origin: india
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: resin
- strength of aroma: medium
- aromatic scent: green, woody, earthy scent
- blends well with: bergamot, carrot seed, cedarwood atlas, clove bud, lemon, myrrh, nutmeg, orange sweet, pine scots, sandalwood australian, spruce hemlock, and vetiver
- kidsafe®: no
- cautions: we recommend a maximum dilution of 3% for topical applications
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
frankincense serrata essential oil, also known as olibanum, is steam distilled from the gum resin of the tree. it has been used for thousands of years by native peoples as an incense, medicine, and in cosmetics.
directions: for a blend that will help promote clear breathing, add 3 drops frankincense serrata, 2 drops eucalyptus globulus, 1 drop rosemary, and 1 drop spruce or fir needle in the diffuser. frankincense serrata is highly prized as a meditative, mind-clearing oil, so, for a supportive blend, add 4 drops frankincense serrata, 3 drops sandalwood, and 1 drop of cedarwood, cypress, or patchouli to a diffuser.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.