myrrh essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: commiphora myrrha
- country of origin: ethiopia, france
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: resin
- strength of aroma: medium
- aromatic scent: dry, resinous, amber-wood scent
- blends well with: bergamot, clary sage, copaiba balsam, cypress, frankincense serrata, geranium egyptian, grapefruit pink, juniper berry, patchouli, pine scots, spruce hemlock, sandalwood australian and turmeric co2.
- kidsafe®: no
- cautions: do not use while pregnant or breastfeeding.
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
myrrh is familiar to many as one of the traditional resinous gifts mentioned in the bible. its amber scent creates a warm, calming environment. myrrh is often used during meditation to create a relaxing and uplifting atmosphere.
when diffused, myrrh can help relieve nervous tension and bring about feelings of strength. it is also wonderful for helping mature skin issues such as redness and reducing the appearance of wrinkles and scars when added to a carrier oil or lotion. in an oral blend, a myrrh gargle or mouth rinse can help support gum health.
directions: to ease worry and tension, add 4 drops of palo santo, 2 drops of frankincense carteri, 2 drops of myrrh, 1 drop of mandarin, and 1 drop of neroli to your diffuser or personal inhaler. this synergy will help ease your troubled thoughts, leaving you feeling uplifted and calm.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.