ho wood essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: cinnamomum camphora
- country of origin: china
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: wood
- strength of aroma: medium
- aromatic scent: woody, floral and camphorous scent
- blends well with: bergamot, basil linalool, cedarwood atlas, chamomile german, chamomile roman, lavender, lemon, rosemary 1,8-cineole, sandalwood australian, and ylang ylang complete
- KidSafe®: yes
- cautions: none known - this oil has been rectified to remove safrole (carcinogen), making it smell better and making it safer.
- size: 10 ml (1/3 oz.)
ho wood oil is steam distilled from the bark and wood of the ho tree. this oil is extremely high in calming linalool and is excellent for promoting a peaceful and relaxing environment. ho wood has a woody, floral, and camphorous scent. its aroma and properties are very similar to rosewood oil, which as a threatened species, should be avoided. the camphor content in ho wood oil results in a cooling feeling when used topically.
directions: blend ho wood with lavender oil and diffuse to promote deep relaxation. for an uplifting yet comforting atmosphere, blend ho wood oil with a citrus oil such as bergamot or grapefruit. for topical use, dilute with a carrier oil and apply to red, itchy areas.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.