spearmint essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: mentha spicata
- country of origin: india
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: leaves
- strength of aroma: medium
- aromatic scent: organic spearmint has a sweet mint scent.
- blends well with: bergamot, carrot seed, dill weed, fennel sweet, jasmine absolute, lavender, peppermint, vanilla c02, wintergreen
- kidsafe®: yes
- cautions: to avoid possible adverse skin reactions, we recommend a maximum dilution of 1.7% for topical applications.
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
spearmint is a child-safe oil from the same family as peppermint. when diluted in carrier and applied to the abdomen, it can help relieve a queasy stomach and bloating. when diffused, spearmint is uplifting, reduces emotional agitation, improves concentration, and eases physical tension in the head and neck.
directions: to help energize the body and mind, add 4 drops of spearmint essential oil to an ounce of bubble bath. add this mix to 1/2 cup of epsom salts and swirl into a lovely warm bath. to relieve a queasy stomach and bloating, add 2 drops of spearmint essential oil and 1 drop of coriander essential oil to 1 teaspoon of carrier oil and apply to the abdomen. spearmint can also be added to a personal aromatherapy inhaler to ease a queasy stomach.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.