carrot seed essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: daucus carota
- country of origin: france, india
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: seeds
- strength of aroma: medium
- aromatic scent: woody-earthy, slightly spicy, strong herbaceous musky scent
- blends well with: cypress, frankincense frereana, geranium egyptian, lavender, lemon, marjoram sweet, patchouli, rose absolute, and spearmint
- kidsafe®: no
- cautions: do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
carrot seed essential oil has a distinctive smell and is reputed to be a wonderful skin rejuvenating oil and also helps support a healthy digestive system. diffuse carrot seed to relieve worry, promote relaxation before sleep and to aid the digestive and respiratory systems.
directions: add a few drops of carrot seed oil to rosehip seed carrier oil to rejuvenate, soften, and smooth your skin. When carrot seed is combined with evening primrose oil, it can be applied to the abdomen to help relieve menstrual discomfort. for topical application, dilute to 1% for face and up to 3% for body.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.