- botanical name: cymbopogon flexuosus
- country of origin: india
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: leaves
- strength of aroma: strong
- aromatic scent: fresh-oily, lemony, tea-like scent
- blends well with: bergamot, carrot seed, cedarwood virginian, citronella, fir needle, geranium egyptian, grapefruit pink, jasmine absolute, lavender, lemon, marjoram sweet, nutmeg, palmarosa, pine scots, and spruce hemlock
- kidsafe®: no
- cautions: to avoid the risk of various safety issues, we recommend a maximum dilution of 0.7% for topical applications. possible drug interactions.
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
lemongrass is known as being a helpful addition to outdoor sprays. it is refreshing and deodorizing when diffused, as well as being uplifting to the spirit. it can also be added, well-diluted, to a carrier oil to boost circulation, bringing warmth to overused muscles and joints.
directions: lemongrass contains citral, a powerful skin sensitizer, so it is very important to use lemongrass in proper dilution. in proper dilution, it is wonderful for the aches and pains associated with aging. try 2 drops of lemongrass in two teaspoons (10 ml) of carrier oil along with 2 drops of lavender or marjoram for a soothing muscle rub.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.