laurel leaf essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: laurus nobilis
- country of origin: corsica, hungary
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: leaves
- strength of aroma: strong
- aromatic scent: deep-green, spicy scent
- blends well with: clary sage, cypress, fir needle, frankincense carteri, grapefruit pink, juniper berry, lavender fine, lemon, pine scots, and rosemary 1,8-cineole
- kidsafe®: no
- cautions: possible skin irritant. we recommend a dilution of 0.5% for topical applications.
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
laurel leaf essential oil is extracted using steam distillation from the freshly picked leaves of the laurel evergreen tree to produce a high quality essential oil with absolutely no additives or fillers. laurel leaf is known for its bright, spicy, sweet scent. uplifting to the senses, its aroma can promote confidence and courage. it can also help with feelings of distress and sadness. laurel leaf supports a healthy respiratory system and can help relieve and clear up congestion, as well as stimulate the appetite. laurel leaf can help relieve occasional muscle aches from normal wear and tear or overexertion.
directions: use a drop of two in your plant therapy aromafuse diffuser for an uplifting atmosphere when dealing with feelings of distress or sadness. when lack of energy or discomfort suppresses your appetite, massage laurel leaf on the abdomen diluted at 0.5% dilution using your favorite plant therapy carrier oil to stimulate your appetite.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that esse ntial oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.