ylang ylang essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: cananga odorata
- country of origin: comoros, france, madagascar
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: flowers
- strength of aroma: medium
- aromatic scent: intensely sweet, heady floral scent
- blends well with: bergamot, black pepper, cedarwood virginian, copaiba balsam, geranium egyptian, grapefruit pink, jasmine absolute, mandarin, neroli, peppermint western us, petitgrain, sandalwood australian, and vetiver
- kidsafe®: no
- cautions: possible skin sensitization. we recommend a maximum dilution of 0.8% for topical applications.
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
in the language of the malay people, ylang ylang means "flower of flowers". the gorgeous blossoms of the ylang-ylang tree bring to mind visions of the south pacific. ylang ylang complete is probably best known as an aphrodisiac. when diffused, it can help reduce worry, calm the mind, and help uplift mood. add to a carrier oil for a romantic massage.
directions: diffuse ylang ylang to help calm the frazzled mind. a drop or two in the diffuser should be sufficient as the scent is powerful and heady. add 1 drop ylang ylang, 2 drops sandalwood, and 2 drops bergamot in two teaspoons (10 ml) carrier oil for a romantic, sensual massage blend.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.