peppermint organic essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: mentha x piperita
- country of origin: india
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: leaves
- strength of aroma: strong
- aromatic scent: a fresh, cool, sweet grassy-minty scent
- blends well with: basil linalool, coriander seed, eucalyptus globulus, eucalyptus radiata, geranium egyptian, lavender, lemon, palmarosa, black pepper, rosemary 1,8-cineole, spearmint, vanilla c02, wintergreen, ylang ylang complete
- kidsafe®: no
- cautions: do not apply on or near the face of infants and children. we recommend a maximum dilution of 5% for topical applications.
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
organic peppermint is a perennial herb that grows widely in europe, north america, and asia. this leafy plant grows close to the ground and produces smooth, dark green leaves with clusters of small pinkish lavender flowers.
originating in india, organic peppermint has been used for centuries for its revitalizing properties. steam distilled from the leaves of the mint plant, organic peppermint essential oil creates a strong aromatic scent that has a fresh, cool, minty smell. this scent is invigorating to the senses that promotes energy and alertness. it is a refreshing and stimulating oil that is both soothing and enlightening.
organic peppermint essential oil has a cooling effect on the skin that is revitalizing and wonderful to the touch, due to its menthol content. with many amazing uses for this essential oil, organic peppermint, is a valuable addition to any oil collection.
directions: to help relieve head and neck tension, dilute organic peppermint essential oil using a 1-3% ratio with your favorite plant therapy carrier oil and apply to the neck and temples when tension occurs. for an amazing foot soak, add a few drops of organic peppermint to 1 tablespoon of carrier oil and a ½ cup of epsom salt; dissolve in warm water and pamper your feet after a long day.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.