lime steam distilled essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: citrus x aurantifolia
- country of origin: mexico
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: fruit peel
- strength of aroma: medium
- aromatic scent: sweet green citrus scent
- blends well with: bergamot, cardamom, citronella, clary sage, coriander seed, jasmine absolute, lavandin, lavender, lemon, lemon eucalyptus, lemongrass, mandarin, may chang, neroli, orange sweet, petitgrain, grapefruit pink, rose absolute, rosemary 1,8-cineole, sandalwood australian, vanilla oleoresin, and ylang ylang complete
- kidsafe®: yes
- cautions: none known. steam distilled lime is not phototoxic
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
steam distilled lime oil - unlike cold pressed lime oil - is not phototoxic. therefore, you can feel free to add it to lotions, balms and other body products without worrying about sun exposure.
lime oil has a beautifully clean, bright citrus scent with a hint of sweetness. it is a fabulous addition to invigorating bath bombs and scrubs, especially for oily skin. the bright aroma of lime makes a wonderful start to the day and can help clear and energize the mind. steam distilled lime oil can also help support a healthy immune system.
directions: to refresh tired feet, add 1/2 cut epsom salt and 1 tablespoon of carrier oil blended with 4 drops of steam distilled lime and 4 drops of spearmint essential oils to a basin of warm water. if you have an oily complexion, try adding 0.5-1% steam distilled lime to your favorite cleanser. for a boost of motivation, diffuse steam distilled lime oil with a few drops of lemon and rosemary.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.