lemon steam distilled essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: citrus x limon
- country of origin: sicily, united states
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: fruit peel
- strength of aroma: strong
- aromatic scent: fresh, zesty citrus scent
- blends well with: bergamot, carrot seed, cedarwood atlas, citronella, coriander seed, geranium egyptian, lavender, lemongrass, lime, may chang, neroli, palmarosa, petitgrain, rosemary 1,8-cineole, sandalwood australian, and vetiver
- kidsafe®: yes
- cautions: steam distilled lemon is not phototoxic.
- size: 10 mL (1/3 oz.)
lemon is one of the most easily recognized oils because of its refreshing, energizing and uplifting scent. it can help support a healthy immune system and is also frequently added to spray cleaners.
the thing that differentiates cold pressed lemon from steam distilled lemon is that steam distilled lemon is not phototoxic. therefore it can be used in body care products such as lotions and lip balms without having to worry about phototoxicity.
directions: diffuse equal amounts of lemon and peppermint in the morning or whenever you need an extra boost. to use for cleaning, add a few drops to your favorite cleaner to help refresh and sanitize. it is especially good added to some baking soda to make your bathroom or kitchen appliances sparkle!
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.