blue cypress essential oilplant therapy
- botanical name: callitris intratropica
- country of origin: australia
- extraction method: steam distilled
- plant part: wood
- strength of aroma: mild
- aromatic scent: woody, balsamic, and fresh with subtle sweet notes.
- blends well with: black pepper, cedarwood atlas, cedarwood virginian, copaiba balsam, cypress, helichrysum italicum, lavender, lemon, rose absolute, sandalwood australian, and turmeric co2
- KidSafe®: yes
- cautions: should not be used with pregnancy or breastfeeding mothers.
- size: 10 ml (1/3 oz.)
with a woody, balsamic, and fresh scent with subtle sweet notes, blue cypress essential oil is a fantastic addition to your therapeutic essential oil collection. obtained by steam distilling the wood of this native australian tree, blue cypress is rare in that the only other "blue" essential oils known in aromatherapy are obtained from flowers, not woods.
like most of the "blue" oils, blue cypress essential oil is a wonderful support skin health for reddened, congested skin. it can also help keep minor skin breaks "clean" and as well as support healthy respiratory functioning. this oil can be used in perfumery as a "fixative" and as a grounding note in essential oil blends.
directions: add equal amounts of blue cypress, myrrh, and frankincense carteri to a carrier oil (fractionated coconut, jojoba) and apply to reddened, irritated skin at the 1-3% dilution. diffuse blue cypress with any floral oil (rose, ylang ylang) for soothing the mind; blue cypress also blends well with most citrus oils.
disclaimer: the international federation of aromatherapists does not recommend that essential oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a medical doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. all cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. bottles are filled by volume. some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.