- botanical name: rosa rubiginosa
- extraction method: cold pressed from rosehip seeds.
- aromatic scent: rosehip oil has a distinct earthy, nutty aroma
- consistency: typical of many carrier oils
- cautions: in high concentrations, rosehip oil may aggravate oily skin and will stain linens and clothing.
- size: 2 oz.
"extra virgin" means that the oil is of the highest quality and is produced as a result a single, simple pressing. rosehip oil contains a high amount of vitamin e, vitamin a and essential fatty acids which promotes collagen and elastin levels to increase and assists with cell regeneration. it is a key ingredient in creams, lotions, massage oil, face oil, and body oils. rosehip oil has a fairly short shelf life of 6-9 months. refrigeration after opening is highly recommended.
directions: rosehip carrier oil is excellent for dry, irritated, or weathered skin. at 100% strength, combined with helichrysum italicum essential oil at 5% dilution, it is useful in reducing the appearance of scars. in other products, such as a moisturizer or in lotions or balms, it is best added at a concentration of 5-10%. this is due to its bright orange-red color which may discolor those blends.
disclaimer: this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.