almond carrier oilplant therapy
- botanical name: prunus dulcis
- country of origin: united states
- extraction method: cold pressed from the kernels of sweet almonds
- aromatic scent: sweet almond carrier oil has very little scent, characteristic of most carrier oils.
- shelf life: 1 year
- consistency: typical of many carrier oils
- cautions: made from almonds (a tree nut). although our expert states skin reactions to nut oils are rare, those with nut allergies should consult their medical practitioner before coming into contact with sweet almond oil. massage therapists: note that this oil may stain linens.
- size: 2 oz.
sweet almond carrier oil is an excellent emollient which softens and reconditions the skin. it penetrates easily and can soothe dry, irritated areas. excellent for all skin types.
well suited as a carrier oil for aromatherapy blends. also useful as a bath or massage oil; excellent addition to lotion bars, sugar or salt scrubs and balms. users can expect a shelf life of 12 months under proper storage conditions (cool, out of direct sunlight). refrigeration after opening is recommended.
directions: work several drops of sweet almond oil between your palms and massage into desired areas. for the face, after cleansing, massage 3-5 drops into your skin, paying particular attention to the area around your eyes (pat gently in that area). can be used in skin blends at 100% strength.
disclaimer: this statement has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.